Palos Verdes Tennis Club (PVTC)
3303 Via Campesina
Club Manager: John Hall
The Palos Verdes Tennis Club (PVTC) is operated by the non-profit Palos Verdes Tennis Foundation. The Club and City executed the initial concession agreement in March 1961, after which, the founding body solicited additional memberships, including non-residents, in order to provide funds to construct the courts. In July 1963, five tennis courts and a small pro shop were opened.
Additional courts were added over the years, bringing the final total to twelve courts, ten of which are lighted. The current Clubhouse was dedicated to the City in 1970. The Club is governed by Officers and a Board of Directors elected from the membership.
Membership for Palos Verdes Estates residents is available immediately – there is no waiting list. All memberships are “family”, whether owned by an individual, couple or family. Courts are available on a first come-first served basis with priority going to the members. Tennis courts are the best-maintained and best-lit of any tennis facility in the South Bay. For fees, please review the PDF link.
The Club offers a wide-range of programs for all ages and skill levels. The Junior Program allows children 3-16 an opportunity to play and the program is available on a drop-in basis. Adults can take advantage of free workouts and private instruction from staff pros. Marine League of the South Bay is an active Club program which features interclub competitive doubles matches for women of all levels. The Club also sponsors tennis socials and dinners for its members.
The Club warmly welcomes new members. It is a great place to meet fellow City residents and make new friends. Please visit the Club, which is located at the end of the east Golf Club driveway, closest to Paseo del Campo.
There were no public courts on the peninsula in the early 1950's and tennis players sometimes carried their own nets to private courts at Malaga Cove school or Manhattan Beach. In April of 1959 a dozen people met to discuss the possibility of providing a tennis facility in Palos Verdes Estates. They left that meeting with a goal of contacting all residents interested in supporting that goal. A telephone campaign successfully convinced hundreds to attend a meeting on June 23, 1959, at Malaga School cafetorium. Don Miloe chaired that historic meeting, and the late Fred Hartley of Union Oil was present and contributed several helpful suggestions. Five dollars was requested as earnest money, and our cooperative effort towards a PVE Tennis Center was underway!
Thank you for your interest in our truly unique club, which operates on PVE city property following the dictates of a concession agreement with the city. We have twelve regulation courts, ten of which are lighted.
CONCESSION AGREEMENT (2003; 10-Year Extension Approved 12/11/2012)