The Palos Verdes Estates Internship Program is an unpaid academic driven program that provides a unique opportunity for participants to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills through practical application. This program provides a hands-on opportunity for future leaders who aspire to work in public service to strengthen their understanding of the City of Palos Verdes Estates and prepare them for their future.
Interns will work hands on within city departments to complete projects, survey reports, assessments, and more. Every internship is unique and assignments will vary depending on which internship matches your field.
Come back soon for upcoming internship opportunities: See Below for application openings and deadlines
Palos Verdes Estates High School Student Internship (unpaid): Through mentorship and under supervision, the PVE High School Intern position may perform average, moderate or complex level of work. It is designed to provide supervised practical work experience for high school students interested in public service within their community.
The selected candidate may perform department-specific projects, conduct surveys, research, perform administrative, and public information tasks in support of City programs. Emphasis is placed on a variety of meaningful learning experiences, while at the same time, giving back to their City.
This internship opportunity is open to high school students who are Palos Verdes Estates residents.
For additional questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at 310-378-0383 ext. 2222
- Submit application through the Career Opportunities tab located on the left or click here
- Application must include:
- Cover Letter explaining why you should be selected; and
- Work/School Resume
Commitment to internship program
- Three month commitment or until assignment is complete;
- Able to work a minimum of 10 hours not to exceed 28 hours a week;
- Students in the internship program must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.7 or above non-weighted. Student must maintain the required GPA throughout the duration of their internship; and
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Future Internship Program Application Periods:
- Fall Session - Application Opens August 28, 2017
- Spring Session - Application Opens December 4, 2017
- Summer Session – Application Opens May 7, 2018