The City of Palos Verdes Estates is insured through a joint powers municipal self-insurance pool. The pool is comprised of member cities of the California Joint Powers Insurance Authority (CJPIA) from throughout the state. The City's membership with the CJPIA provides liability insurance as well as valuable training programs to help identify exposures and to prevent losses.
- Making and implementing decisions that minimize the adverse effects of accidental losses
- Reviews insurance contracts with outside contractors and consultants
- Processes both liability and property claims which are brought against the City
- Administration of the City's safety and Workers' Compensation program
- Safety training for City employees
- Ensures compliance with a number of Federal and State mandated programs including Unemployment Insurance and the Americans With Disabilities Act.