Latest News provides the most current information posted by the City related to events and activities. It includes notices, press releases, tips, reminders and posts for highlighting time sensitive news (http://www.pvestates.org/community/news).
For additional public information, please access the following:
Police Study Community Meeting on 7/29
What do you think about the Police Department?
With the loss of the parcel tax representing 25% of the operating budget for City services, the City made approximately $3 million in one-time and recurring budget cuts and is considering options to address service needs and budget limitations.
As the Police Department comprises 55% of the City’s budget, it is important to evaluate its costs, operations, services, and service levels to identify savings, efficiencies, contracting alternatives, and sustainability.
At its June 13, 2017 meeting, the City Council retained Lewis-McCrary Partners, Inc. for a management and services study of the Palos Verdes Estates Police Department. The study will include resident opinions and values in its evaluation.
Residents will have the opportunity to express their opinions on:
Saturday, July 29th
Palos Verdes Golf Club
3301 Via Campesina
Palos Verdes Estates, CA 90274
Residents may also email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please review:
- Approval of a Professional Services Agreement with Lewis-McCrary Partners, Inc. for a Management and Services Study of the Palos Verdes Estates Police Department in the Amount of $35,000 and Appropriation of Funds – Staff Report
- Recording of the June 13th City Council meeting
Additional City Announcements:
- Service Needs and Budget Limitations Discussion at 7/11 City Council Meeting
- The City is Accepting Applications for a Vacancy on the Traffic Safety Committee
- SB 649 "Small Cell" Equipment July 13, 2017 Update