Latest News provides the most current information posted by the City related to events and activities. It includes notices, press releases, tips, reminders and posts for highlighting time sensitive news (http://www.pvestates.org/community/news).
For additional public information, please access the following:
Have an idea on how the City can balance its budget?
What services would you like the City to provide?
The City of Palos Verdes is facing a 21.5% structural deficit in the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2017. This results from not receiving 66% voter approval at the March 7, 2017 election for extending the parcel tax that paid the cost of fire and paramedic services. Budget reductions of this magnitude will have a significant impact on City services received by residents and the public. The City needs your involvement to achieve the savings necessary.
The City Council, in consultation with the City Treasurer, identified a menu of on-going and one-time budget savings to minimize the use of reserves.
The goal is to dialogue through budget reduction options, address questions and collect input from residents relative to prioritizing the City's resources. The feedback collected will be accumulated into a budget presented to the City Council on June 13, 2017.
Opportunities to share feedback:
- Collaborate with neighbors at the Resident Input Meeting on Friday, May 26th at 3pm at the Palos Verdes Golf Club, 3301 Via Campesina (open to all PVE residents)
- Complete an online survey (available until June 2nd at 5:00 p.m.): https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/pvebudget
- Complete the online form: http://www.pvestates.org/government/finance-/fy-2017-18-budget-shortfall/budget-strategy-suggestion-form
- Send an email: email@example.com
- Send a letter by mail: 340 Palos Verdes Drive West, Palos Verdes Estates, CA 90274
To learn more about the City’s FY 2017-18 financial situation, please visit http://www.pvestates.org/government/finance/fy-2017-18-budget-shortfall.